Compilation albums were very popular in the 70's and 80's and offered a chance to sample artists' music on a broad scale. "Hard Knocks" was no exception and collected a range of artists that were popular at the time, with some that have gone on to become music legends. If you're a devotee of Australian culture, you might also recall the front cover depiction of a particular movement of the time.
01 Hard Knocks - Paul Kelly
02 Evie Part One - Stevie Wright
03 Most People I Know (Think that I'm Crazy) - Billy Thorpe & The Aztecs
04 Who Listens to the Radio - Sports
05 I Remember when I was Young - Matt Taylor
06 My Little Angel - William Shakespeare
07 Breakfast at Sweethearts - Cold Chisel
08 Take a Long Line - Angels
09 When the Heat is Off - Richard Clapton
10 High Class Woman - John St. Peters
11 Fugitive Kind - Mondo Rock
12 Way Out West - Dingoes
13 Where the Action Is - John Paul Young
14 Birmingham - John Paul Young
15 High Voltage - AC/DC
16 Heading in the Right Direction - Renée Geyer
17 Howzat - Sherbert
18 Don't Let it Get to You - Darryl Cotton
Hard Knocks - 1980
Note: this is a "vinyl rip" so the sound quality is quite top grade


No comments:
Post a Comment