classic and rare Australian popular music from the 1950's, 1960's. 1970's and beyond..including rock and roll, pop, beat, rock, surf and progressive, plus contemporary artists, new releases, reviews and other fun stuff

.

.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Sydney-based hip hop artist Merc Mason reveals his maiden EP ‘Lucid’


Following on from releasing his standout debut single ‘Pull Up, Hop Out’, Sydney-based hip hop artist, Merc Mason reveals his maiden EP ‘Lucid’ – produced by the rapper himself with collaborative efforts from Freaktaste and mixed / mastered by Sebastian Morales (Mookhi, Blondebears).

‘Lucid’ features five eclectic trap-infused cuts with intricate production, flawlessly delivered vocals and thought-provoking messaging. Taking cues from the likes of trap artists Gucci Mane, 2 Chainz and A$AP Ferg, the enigmatic rapper blends an array of flows and cadences, combined with instrumentals inspired by late 2000’s southern rap.

Click to stream 'Lucid'

Merc discusses the creative process and motivation behind making the record:

“There was a lot going on while I was making this EP. It was pretty much my escape from that shit. I was at a point in my own mind where I was sick of everything that was going on around me but I was also very reserved at the time. I felt like I didn't have anyone to talk to or that if I did I'd be judged so I pretty much used this EP as a vent”.




Since its release ‘Pull Up, Hop Out’ has been played on radio by triple j, FBi and 4ZZZ, and thirty-two international stations. The track has also received support from Sodwee.com (FRA), Gems and Secrets (USA), We The Beat (USA), The Music (AUS), AAA Backstage (AUS) and MTV (AUS).

Growing up surrounded by Sydney’s underworld, drug dealing could have very easily been the career path of Merc but his feelings and ambitions changed when a close friend was jailed for three years. Throughout his songs he speaks about the highs and the lows of the world and his change of heart towards it.




To coincide with the release of ‘Lucid’, Merc Mason will launch the record live at Rare Finds Sydney club night party held at OAF Gallery Bar on Friday September 29.


FOLLOW MERC MASON


‘Lucid’ is available via Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes and all good digital retailers 

No comments:

Post a Comment