classic and rare Australian popular music from the 1950's, 1960's. 1970's and beyond..including rock and roll, pop, beat, rock, surf and progressive, plus contemporary artists, new releases, reviews and other fun stuff

.

.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Sydney-based artist Dead Language unveils captivating debut EP "Like Heart"..electro-pop grooves



“The song is a wildly infectious, upbeat groover of a track that actually deals with deceptively serious lyrical themes.” THE MUSIC (AUS)

“It's bold and brave and the arrangements are great.” Dom Alessio - triple j (AUS)

Featured by Rolling Stone Australia

After releasing a collection of critically praised singles, Sydney-based electro-pop artist, Dead Language aka Dominic Price, is excited to unveil his impressive debut EP ‘Like Heart’ – recorded at Coogee’s Yap Yap Studios.

CLICK TO STREAM 'LIKE HEART' and Watch the Video HERE

‘Like Heart’ sees Price explore new creative realms, by combining 80’s-esque synths likened to A-ha and Dare with snappy instrumentals and crisp production likened to E^ST and Patrick Wolf and a hint of 90’s electronica.  



Price describes the inspiration behind the EP – “All the songs found here were written while I was living in a share house in Leichhardt, Sydney. I wanted to immortalise that part of my life and pay tribute to the suburb that had yielded so much musical fodder for me, hence the homophonous ‘Like Heart’. It was in that house that I had first fallen in love, that I had went to recover, and yet that I had also met my darkest demons. The EP is a patchwork. It’s my (therapeutic) attempt to make something beautiful and whole from the pieces left of a fractured period in my life, like an old hand-sewn quilt. It’s my attempt to capture the extremities, the mundanities, the everything-in-betweens of being in your early twenties.”

Since Dead Language’s inception in 2014, Price has consistently released critically adored singles, which have been strongly supported by the likes of Rolling Stone Australia, Pilerats, Happy, triple j Unearthed, FBi and the hype machine blog community.

FOLLOW DEAD LANGUAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment