classic and rare Australian popular music from the 1950's, 1960's. 1970's and beyond..including rock and roll, pop, beat, rock, surf and progressive, plus contemporary artists, new releases, reviews and other fun stuff

.

.

Friday, November 22, 2019

Sydney-based indie-rock artist Timi Temple New Single 'Quick Words, Long Trouble'



Sydney-based indie-rock artist Timi Temple has returned with another rousing anthem in ‘Quick Words, Long Trouble’, produced and recorded by the artist himself.

The track opens up with purring flange guitar lines and woody drum rims, before expanding into a frenetic pre-chorus enveloped by Timi’s psychedelic screams. The choruses open up like a classic lighter-in-the-air era Brit-Rock sing-along, highlighted by a swift change in tempo and chunking rhythm guitars.

Timi talks about the meaning behind ‘Quick Words, Long Trouble’:

“’Quick Words, Long Trouble’ is my first song about love. I’ve generally tried to avoid writing songs about love because I think it’s been rinsed enough times by other artists. However, this song was cathartic and therapeutic to me as it helped me through a long-term breakup. The phrase is something that my mother used to tell me, somewhat translated from Thai meaning ‘don’t do anything in heated anger because the repercussions will last forever’. It’s served me well, but also probably lead to me not fighting for a salvageable relationship because I was too cautious with my words. The spoken word poem in the bridge of this song reflects this”.




FOLLOW TIMI TEMPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment